Saturday, October 22, 2011

Monopolisto Man Cracks Vegas ONE

Jesus. These second floor rooms are just like they were when I first came to Fremont Street. Same guys floating around trying to hawk flesh. Same sounds out there. Same smells.

I need to find a way to make money doing what I do best.

I am after all Monopolisto Man.

First I will go have breakfast in the same booth I used to sit in  when Benny was alive. Binions was like Chicago then. Honest. Straight forward. Force ruled. just enough, never too much.

I am showing my age. Why do I feel so young. It must be my freedom from drugs and booze. I feel light as air. I have my MO down.

Spook your opponent. Never play more than one at a time. Always play the same way. Always suggest what you are doing. Let the fates rule.

Well time to get up. Time to find that game.

LATER

I have a game. The guy is huge. Mexican. He plays with big piles of C-notes.He likes an audience. They are setting up a board in a corner of the WSOP area. It has mostly gone out to the Strip and beyond. But it began here.

Shit. I feel good. Roll!

It is 3:00 and already there is a bunch of people around the table. We have agreed on a $10K winner take all game.

I feel a charge. Sublimate. Channel. Eyes on the board. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment