Friday, October 21, 2011

One- One Monopolisto Man Commences

I started out losing. They say losing is best when you start. Worse later. Take it on the chin the first day out. Get toughened up. Get knocked down. Hard knocks heal. Tomorrow is another day.

Bullshit. That's why I left school. Too many goddamned cliches. That's why I moved here.

This is the great passive gulch of America. LfuckingLA. Quakeprone.Line prone. Mudslide prone.
Fire prone. Prone period

It's fall. There are no leaves. Leaves are New England. Around Pittsfield. Nowheresville.

I lost on the first day. In the first hour. Before I had taken a single step into the subdivision. Fifteen
percent of my stake. Gone.

The Organization appeared. They took me into an alley behond the 7/11.. They told me not to play
in their yard. I said its a free country. Wrong. They roughed me up. Nice this time they said. They said this
is our turf. We do the banks. We do the tenants. We add properties every day. If you play with us you will lose..

I am fifteen percent wiser.  I am back. In disguise.

I scope out the scene. Some cheap property is already in the hands of Mr. Coffee. Phony front man.

Furtive eyes peer at me from the commuter lot.  I look around. They are not used to seeing a pedestrian. There is no sidewalk.

Windy Acres.

Up ahead there are some older lots with better cars in front. My jaw still hurts. I determine to crush Mr. Coffee.I want to own LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment